How Well do You Know The Bay?
The West Carling Association Members’ Contest
Week 5 Photos Now online!
Do you know where this is? (answer below)
Your Association is challenging you to a contest. The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate for Gilly’s. We are grateful to Tom Betts, one of our American members, who knows the Bay intimately but can’t be with us this summer. Tom has agreed to reminisce about past years by reviewing his photographs to select 10 within the geographical boundaries of Carling township north to Pointe au Baril, for which you are to identify the location in the photo.
Here’s how the contest will work:
- Starting July 15, we will post two of Tom’s photographs per week on the WCA website (see above sample).
- Each Wednesday from July 15 to August 12 participants can visit the website to see the new photographs posted and submit an entry using the same name and email address, identifying the location of each photograph, as specifically as they can.
- After August 15, Tom will decide which participant was able to identify, most specifically, the locations in the 10 photographs and a winner will be contacted and announced on our website
Open to members of the WCA (new members welcome).
See below for full details and contest rules.
Above photograph – Henrietta Point, southwest tip of Franklin Island
This Week’s Photos
Week Five – August 12 – Final Week
Week 5 – A –click to enlarge
Week 5 – B –click to enlarge
Week Four – August 5
Week 4 – A –Click to enlarge
Week 4 – B –Click to enlarge
Week Three – July 29
Week 3 – A –click to enlarge
Week Two – July 22
Week 2 – A –click to enlarge
Week 2 – B –click to enlarge
Week One – July 15
Week 1-A –click to enlarge–
Week 1-B –click to enlarge–
Use this link to submit your entry and be sure to include:
- your name
- the email address associated with your membership if different than the email used to submit the entry
- the name of the Photo(s) you are describing (e.g. Week 1-A) along with your guess at it location, be as specific as you can.
- Prize offered as-is and is not exchangeable for cash value.
- Only open to 2020 paid members of the WCA and their immediate family verified upon contest conclusion if selected as a winner
- One entry per member for each photograph
- For the best chance of winning provide as much detail as you can to identify each location in all photographs
- The awarding of the prize is at the sole discretion of the WCA
- By entering the contest you agree to let the WCA post your name on our website, Facebook page and in our newsletter if selected as the winner
- Contest not open to residents of Quebec