Formed in 1921, the West Carling Association (WCA) is an association of seasonal and year-round residents in West Carling. The area extends from the Twin Sisters Islands in Shawanaga Bay to the north, including Dillon, Snug Harbour down and around to Pengally Bay encompassing all of the offshore islands including the Minks, Rose and Bateau Islands. In 2021, the WCA merged with the North Sound Association adding in the area east of Killbear Park, Blind Bay, Collins Bay, Sawdust Bay and the islands in the area such as Mowat, Huckleberry and Horse Island.
WCA is a local chapter of the Georgian Bay Association (GBA), a not-for-profit umbrella organization, representing 17 community associations and their members along the eastern and northern shores of Georgian Bay. The GBA has been advocating on behalf of its land-owning members for more than 100 years to address issues of broad concern such as water quality and levels, boating safety, coastal protection, and invasive species.