Our Mission & Activities
We work to resolve the issues that matter most to our members and their families to preserve the use and enjoyment of their
Issues of particular Interest:
- Concerns about the local natural environment
- Impact of development and tourism in the township and adjacent areas
- Responsible use of Franklin Island and other Crown lands in the area
- Township services provided
- Provincial and federal advocacy issues through our membership with the Georgian Bay Association
The work of the association is done by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting. We welcome volunteers to join our
committees and assist at our events.
- Monitoring township council discussions and decisions
- Working with the township on parking solutions for water access properties and visitors to Carling
- Supporting the Franklin Island Stewardship Fund
- Continuing discussion with the township on the future of the Snug Harbour Lighthouse
- Participation in the Official Plan review
We participate in and promote social and educational activities with our local partners along with our own events.