Your WCA membership includes additional benefits through the GBA and our corporate supporters. These benefits include:
GBA members are entitled to a 25% discount on Action First Aid Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). Action First Aid offers excellent after-sales support & information, and will travel to the Bay to provide informative presentations/training sessions for your association if requested.
Action First Aid is offering GBA Members their HeartSine Samaritan 350P Defibrillator bundle for $1,250 (+HST). This defibrillator is affordable and easy to use and features:
- 8-year warranty
- AED/CPR First Aid Kit
- AED Tracking & FULL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- 4-year Pad and Battery pack
- Free replacement of pads & batteries if the AED is used in an emergency
Every second counts! Especially in remote cottage locations where emergency response services are often not as available. The reality is without a defibrillator (AED) the chance of surviving sudden cardiac arrest is almost zero. Every minute that goes by, the chance of survival drops 10%. Sometimes we only have 10 minutes to save a life. The good news is, AEDs are very easy to use and belong everywhere – home, work and cottage! Action First Aid is helping businesses and home owners across Canada establish strong AED programs. Their experienced staff will help you from start to finish – choose the right machine, provide exceptional training, and track your pads and batteries.
To access the savings, go to ActionFirstAid.ca
Outdoor Products and Lifejackets (Coleman Canada and Stearns)
GBA members are entitled to an amazing 40% discount off the price of many Coleman Canada outdoor products and Stearns lifejackets.
Georgian Bay Association is a member of the Canadian Safe Boating Council (CSBC), which avails us of this generous savings opportunity. The CSBC is in the business of promoting safe and responsible boating throughout Canada and works closely with leaders within the national and regional offices of boating safety to bring about changes that make boating on Canadian waterways both safer and more enjoyable. CSBC’s motto is “helping you stay safe on the water“.
How to access the discount:
- Go to the Coleman’s website: www.colemancanada.ca and locate outdoor recreational products that interest you. (Make sure to click on the Stearns logo at the top of the page to see the wide range of child and adult lifejackets!)
- Make a note of the product name and the Item# for each item that interests you (tip: the Item# comes up after you click on the picture of the product in question). Product prices are not provided on either the Coleman or Stearns sites.
- For pricing and completion of the ordering process, visit: https://csbc.ca/en/about-us-alias/627-coleman-stearns-discount-program. CLICK THE LINK for the PRICE LIST, and then enter the password provided by your Association to access the list.
- Found something you like? Record the details, and place your order by email, using the instructions on that same CSBC webpage.
- You’ll be contacted by email with an order confirmation and a request to provide your credit card details in a Secure Link to Pre-authorize to Carolyn Shepherd, the Coleman/Stearns representative.